Q1: Do you have the feeling that the Quebec police or other police have lied to you ? Or
do you believe that police have always said the truth about that matter?
A1: I have the feeling that the Quebec Police have their reasons for keeping the truth from me, and their reasons can be separated into three categories:
1. In the most positive sense, they have an interest in solving the case; and sharing too much information with me could potentially damage any ability to solve it.
2. In a negative sense, they may have reasons for withholding information that could potentially embarrass them.
3. In the EXTREME NEGATIVE sense, the police may be withholding information that could potentially compromise them, or even implicate them in the case: It has long been suggested that possibly the police were involved in Theresa’s death; either through their association with criminals, or perhaps because some of them were criminals themselves. The evidence here is anecdotal (hearsay), there is no documented evidence of this.
Q2: Is it true that someone has suggested to exhume her body….and why?
A2: The idea of exhuming my sister’s body has been suggested on several occasions. The reasons are to examine whether there might still be trace DNA evidence that can only be examined by today’s standards. My family is ok with it, we have given our approval anytime any agency should wish to conduct it. One SQ officer wanted to do the exhumation examination, but he couldn’t get the SQ to pay for it. Alternatively we tried to raise money for a private laboratory to do an examination of the remains, but we could never get enough money together to do it, and no one would do it for free.
02/5/14 This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 at 7:32 pm and is filed under advocacy, Cold Case, English, surete du quebec, technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
- William Patrick Fyfe n'est pas le tueur de Bootlace
- Sherbrooke Record publishes missing persons ad of Maura Murray
- 10 year search for Maura Murray continues
- Tammy Leakey Cold Case
- Québec 1977: Qui était "The Bootlace Killer"?