Open Letter to Roch Gaudreault
“To see what is right, and not do it, is want of courage, or of principle.”
Dear Mr. Gaudreault:
It has been nearly 30 years since Theresa Allore’s body was found face-down in a bog at the edge of a farmer’s field in Compton, Quebec. You were the lead investigator on her case—the person entrusted by the community to find her killer. You saw her body. You talked to the grieving Allore family. But ultimately, you abdicated your sworn responsibility as a law enforcement officer and abandoned Theresa and her family when you were needed most. Now it’s our turn to ask questions. And it’s your chance to clear up assumptions, half-truths and half-baked theories. It’s never too late to get to the truth.
Here’s what we need to know:
1. Who were the suspects in the Louise Camirand and Manon Dubé murders? Were they ever considered for Theresa’s murder?
2. Who were the two persons you believed were suspects? One was a teacher. Why was he/she/they person(s) of interest?
3. Why did you believe Theresa’s murder happened in residence?
4. What is keeping you from sharing what you know about Theresa’s case with her family? Is it because you’re fearful of professional or personal repercussions?
5. What assurances do you need to convince you to re-visit the details of Theresa’s investigation with her family/friends?
There is a legitimate and generous offer on the table to pay for your time to sit down with John Allore and another investigator of his choosing to discuss details of the case.
If that’s not an option, why not send a “blind” e-mail. You’re a detective. You know how to protect your identity and anonymity.
We need to know what you know. And you need to get this information off your chest. I doubt you were intentionally incompetent. I don’t believe you don’t care. I do believe you’re worried about something…but surely, we can work around that can’t we?
A young woman was murdered on your watch. A family still grieves. And a community is still searching for answers.
Please understand that we’re not on a witch hunt. We just want to know who killed Theresa Allore. That’s all.