“Call For Papers”
Breaking New Ground: Responding, Remembering and Building
Richmond, British Columbia – December 6 and 7, 2004
Are you interested in showcasing your ideas at this premier event, CAVA-ACAV 2004?
Be a part of this exciting new Canadian organization as we deliver our founding conference!
We invite you to submit proposals for conference sessions that fit within one of following tracks:
· 1. New and Developing Service Models and Initiatives
· 2. Victimization Prevention: Building Community Capacity
· 3. Learning from Victim Experiences: Grassroots Initiatives
· 4. Training and Accreditation
· 5. Victimization: Research Findings, Application and Responses
· 6. Emergency Management and Victim Services
WORKSHOP SESSIONS: Concurrent sessions will be 45 or 90 minutes in length. They are scheduled December 06 & 07 2004. Our planning committee welcomes submissions for individual and panel presentations.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria: relevance to the conference theme; contribution to victims and victim assistance; link to current research; what the audience will learn; evidence of new and innovative learning and presentation approach.
The Conference Program Committee may request individual presenters join with others who have submitted proposals on similar or complimentary topics. To ensure a balanced program, the Committee reserves the right to solicit presentations in addition to those received through this Call for Papers
Presenters must register and pay the conference registration fee, as well as travel and accommodation expenses. Please ensure your submission includes the following:
· Contact information (name, title, organization, address, phone and fax numbers, and email address) and designated contact person if more than one presenter;
· Presentation title, program track, and description of session and relevance to conference theme;
· Type of session: panel or individual
· Brief description of session (30 words)
· Desired length – 45 or 90 minutes
· Language to be presented in: English or French
· Audiovisual requirements
· Brief presenter(s) bio (35 words each)
· An electronic copy of the presentation by October 31, 2004 for translation
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 15 2004 Proposals in English or French. SEND SUBMISSIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate ‘Conference Proposal’ in the subject line.
CONFERNCE LOCATION: The Park Plaza & Ramada Plaza Hotel, 10251 St. Edwards Drive, Richmond BC V6X 2M9 Ph: 604-278-9611 or toll free 1-866-482-8444 For: CONFERENCE UPDATES: See the Conference Website: http://www.infocava.ca/